Should I take a break from studying between tests?

I’ve already taken the old SAT, the new PSAT, and just recently the ACT. I also just finished my PARCC testing, and I’ll have my AP tests next month.

My mom thinks I should take a break, and not take another SAT practice test before my upcoming SAT (in a week). Should I really be taking a break right now, or is it better to power through?

It depends on how confident you are about the test and how much you've studied up to this point. If you're already within your target score range based on previous practice tests, taking a break might be a good idea. On the other hand, if you haven't taken any new SAT practice tests yet, you should probably go ahead with your plan of taking one this week. It's important to get a feel for the format of the test (which is significantly different from the old SAT) and fix any major issues before test day so you can make this one count.

That being said, you should always allow yourself to take mental health breaks if necessary when studying for big tests. There are times when powering through can do more harm than good for your performance if you're extremely tired and stressed.