Should I take AP classes?

I am very nervous about an AP class I have the opportunity to take because of what the teacher had said to another student. The teacher suggested dropping the class if a student has a job and does sports, which leaves barely enough room for homework when the class is has hours of homework each night.

On top of that, AP classes are $70 per credit hour, adding up to $420 in expenses. If I do drop this class, I can take the level below it and won't receive college credit. I don't know what to do. I do 3 sports and work a job, all of which are so important to me. I can't bear to let one give. I feel so stressed about all of this and I don't know what I should do.

Based on the situation you describe, your commitments to sports and your job appear to be higher priority than taking this time-consuming AP class. I don't want to discourage you from challenging yourself, but it sounds like this class could end up being a GPA-killer (or soul-killer) for you if you choose to take it on top of everything else.

If you decide to take the AP class without letting any of your other commitments slide, you'll probably end up struggling to complete your work, and you may not do well enough to earn college credit. If you take it while sacrificing one of your other commitments, you'll end up unhappy overall. You would be putting yourself in a lose-lose situation. Go ahead and take the lower level class instead.